After going through the hassle of moving process that includes packing your things and transporting it to your new place, now that you have finally relocated, you will have to start life all over again. That means finding all sorts of people to provide you with basic services. Remember how difficult it was to find a great hair salon in your last town? What about an honest and trusted mechanic?Worry not. Follow these 10 suggestions that will help you find the right people after you move:
Top 10 Things Everyone Should Find After Relocating
1. Check for People’s Barber Instead of trying a number of hair salons every month until you find the right one; you should just check other people’s hair. Asking your neighbors, friends, or coworkers where they got their haircut is a clever way to find the best hairdresser in town. 2. Ask around Search for “key people” who know everyone in town and you will quickly start setting a network of people who know other people. It’s like a domino effect. Ask your hairdresser if she can refer you to a good handyman, chiropractor, mechanic, or just about anyone else.
3. Lawn Maintenance Chat with your neighbors and ask them who’s doing their yard. Have them recommend you which companies are good and, equally important, which ones you should definitely avoid. The next time you see a sweaty crew trimming somebody else’s lawn, go over and ask for a quote. That perfect summer backyard isn’t going to build itself!
4. Search for Healthcare Centers When moving to a new town, there are three vital services you should always find: a doctor, a dentist, and a good hospital nearby. If you are an elderly, you may also need to look for senior home care services nearby. You can ask your local Facebook friends or office mates for suggestions. Also, remember to ensure all of these services are covered in your health care plan.
5. A Reliable Auto Mechanic Finding a good auto mechanic is difficult. Friends, coworkers, and neighbors can also guide you on this one. Ask which places are just going to rip you off and which ones they’ve used for years. Even with referrals, it might also be a good idea to check reviews on sites like Yelp. 6. Fellow Parents Can Be Very Helpful When it comes to childcare, fellow parents are your best friends. Ask your hairdresser, coworkers, and fellow parents at the playground to get the scoop on the best babysitters in town. Ask around for the best kids’ clothes stores like Moderne Child as well as recommendations for child-friendly places to visit.
7. Pet Sitters As you may have noticed, chatting with the people around you is the best way to find good service providers. This also applies to your pets. Chat your neighbor to find reliable dog walkers if you have to travel without your pet. Other good places to search for referrals are veterinarians, dog parks, and pet supply stores.
8. Locate Tradesmen If you’re a very busy person and don’t have the time to clean the gutters or install new lighting, consider asking your neighbors for reputable contractors, handyman, drainage experts and electricians for both your residential and commercial electrician needs. 9. Find Friends that Share your Interests Getting to know like-minded people is most likely one of the hardest things on this list. Finding service providers is easier because all that matters are end results, but setting a new network of friends can be trickier. Whether you have progressive or conservative views, Facebook is a great tool to find locals that share the same interests as you. If you don’t find any groups of people with the same passions, you can even start one on your own! 10. Get to Know Your Surroundings Being the new kid in town, you should start searching for familiar places where everyone knows your name. Ask people about their favourite bars, jogging trails, coffee shops, and parks. When you start looking at familiar faces every day you’ll start feeling more grounded and secure in your new location. Moreover, looking for professional moving services to help you in your move? Make it easy by hiring our partner Removals or Man and Van company!
Compare Storage, Removals or Man and Van
Get the Best Quotes on your Move Today!